Business Development Manager
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Direct Reports: None
Coordinates with and Facilitates: Coordinates with Customer Relations Manager and Operations Team to Facilitate New Customer Contract Handoffs
Crabapple LandscapEXPERTS is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven Business Development Manager (BD) to join our sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative strategies to achieve sales goals, as well as make meaningful connections. The main responsibilities of the BD revolve around the ability to network, build relationships with existing and potentials clients, and sell the benefits of our services. The candidate needs to be able to think creatively, understand the needs of others and prioritize. On a typical day, the BD starts by checking their email or voicemail to see if they missed any time-sensitive messages from clients. Throughout the day, they participate in meetings/property walks with potential clients and work on lead generation/prospecting tasks. The sales team meets regularly to discuss company services, recurring customer concerns, upcoming sales, and new leads to pursue.
- Sales Prospecting
- Data analysis
- Project/process management
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Confidence and Strong Self-Assuredness
- Product/Service Knowledge
- CRM Management
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation, and conversion
- Qualifying leads
- Schedule Customer Meetings to discuss needs and highlight solutions
- Building/Nurturing Relationships
- Meet/Exceed Sales Goals
- Generating/Drafting Proposals
- Participate in Sales Pitches to Customer Decision Makers
- Promote the brand, expand the market, and generate awareness
- Collaborate with colleagues in various departments
- Prompt response to voicemail and email
- Clearly convey service benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field. Equivalent Experience will be considered.
- 1-3 years of sales experience.
- Green Industry Experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
Must be a self-starter and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Must be able to stand/walk for an extended period in the elements and travel throughout the assigned territory on a weekly basis.